Anyone who has followed our blog, Twitter feed, or Facebook page knows how much my husband loves beer. And because he's half-Irish, I've made him Guinness chocolate cupcakes and Guinness ice cream floats. So with the summery weather, I knew I had to make him a Dark Chocolate Guinness Gelato.
If you're a Guinness beer drinker, you'll love this easy gelato. The dark chocolate and Guinness beer mixes together to make a rich and deep flavor. The taste of the beer is definitely pronounced. You could also serve the gelato with whipped cream for the frothy beer head effect.
Dark Chocolate Guinness Gelato
2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
1 bottle of Guinness stout (or any dark stout beer)
1. Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it begins to bubble.
2. Remove milk from the heat and stir in the chocolate and sugar until melted.
3. Slowly stir in the stout beer. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled.
4. Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
5. After freezing for a few hours, the gelato is ready to be served.