I always love going home to Toronto. Back in May, we got to visit with my family and friends. But one of our fond memories was going to a friend's house, being treated to a home-cooked meal, and enjoying this tiramisu that another friend brought. This tiramisu was so luscious, sweet, and creamy. It was light, airy, and oh so addictive. Of course, we had to have the recipe and happily she's shared it with us (after the jump).
6 tablespoons sugar
Lady fingers (1 package)
Strong Coffee (enough to soak lady fingers)
Grand Marnier (enough to soak lady fingers)
Cocoa (enough to sprinkle on top)
1. Brew coffee.
2. Separate egg yolks from whites.
3. Beat egg whites until fluffy.
4. Separately, beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy, add mascarpone.
5. Fold in egg whites.
6. Add Grand Marnier to coffee.
7. Dip lady fingers in coffee and arrange in bowl.
8. Sprinkle cocoa on top.
9. Refrigerate 4-6 hrs prior to serving.