With only 11 more days 'til Christmas, we're in the sweet treats mood and thinking about easy, inexpensive, delicious edible gifts! We decided to make some candied apples using candy melts, apples, and various nuts and candies. They only took a few minutes to make, and after chilling them overnight to set, were ready to be wrapped up the next day.
Easy Candied Apples
candy melts (one package was enough to cover 3-4 apples)
wooden sticks (we bought wood dahls and cut them in half)
assorted candies and chopped nuts
1. Melt the candy according to package directions.
2. Insert the sticks into the apples.
3. Dip the apples into the melted candy.
4. Immediately cover the apples with crushed nuts or assorted candies.
5. Place the decorated apples on a parchment paper/wax paper lined baking sheet.
6. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
The end result is a festive candied apple that can be wrapped up with cellophane and ribbon.
Because the candy melts come in a variety of colors, we can imagine all sorts of creative versions. In addition to nuts, colored sugar crystals, cinnamon, and sprinkles could also be used.
We had some leftover melted candies and covered whole walnuts with them, with a sprinkle of chopped nuts on top.
We would love to hear about your easy or favorite edible gifts to give.